Innovation Manager - Paper & Corrugated
Mexico City (San Nicolas Office)
Drive delivery of the annual goal and the strategic plan for the Beauty & Personal business as well as Industrial Specialty business. Lead the innovation team in the development and execution of the strategy to support business objectives for all segments in Mexico.
Lead the organization’s strategic growth through implementation and development of new products and applications with the vision of being the preferred ingredients supplier of the region.
Director, Strategy and Innovation
- Support GTM Team to deliver Springboard Sales Volume (Tons) and Value ($M), according to Mexico Business Goals.
- Contributes to deliver Innovation Promise Sales ($M), according to Mexico Business Goals.
- Actively contributes to achieve the Safety Goals of the Mexican Operation.
- Leverages global R&D and other resources to strengthen innovation and deliver profitable growth.
- Provides strong leadership and strategic direction for GTM teams and ensures alignment of Mexico plans with Global initiatives.
- Conduct product qualification processes / trials with our customers
- Strengthen relationship with customer teams (especially in innovation areas) including key accounts.
- Develops business case development: market strategy, competition, value proposition, pricing, sales plan and transfer of technology and new products knowledge to the GTM.
- Analyzes and understand local market drivers that could impact our business and captures opportunities accordingly.
- Based on a close customer contact, anticipates market needs and regulatory changes capturing business opportunities
- Coordinate with Marketing all consumer insights activities that can leverage and positioning better new product launches according to local needs.
AGILITY AND INNOVATION
- Identify and capture new business opportunities from the market/customers’ needs. Create linkages between customer needs, brand values and product offerings.
- Engage customers and Ingredion’s Go-to-Market leaders to develop an understanding of the key brand positioning of our customers to support work properly and align our innovation offering.
- Continuously explore new products and new applications for existing products.
- Conducts the new products development process thru local Stage Gate process and participate in Global projects Stage Gate with impact in the local business.
- Manages Mexico development process and feed up the Stage Gate funnel for new business opportunities
- Coordinates with Mexico Idea Labs all activities required for new products launching and demonstrate its value proposition.
RELATIONSHIPS AND PEOPLE
- Builds a strong teamwork with the local, regional and global teams to assure interaction, coordination and communication with Innovation and Marketing areas; for projects, strategies and/or initiatives.
- Develops strategic relationships with key customers to identify and facilitate innovation opportunities and facilitate “Go-To Market” efforts.
- Designs and executes continuously training programs to elevate the level of GTM team in understanding new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Spanish and English 100% Fluent.
- Minimum 10 years; working in R&D, Technical Service, Commercial or Marketing. (Ideally in Innovation or Go to Market teams)
- Biochemical or Chemical Engineer. MBA desirable.
- High Proficiency in team and people management.
- Knowledge of Personal Care, Home Care, Cosmetic, Adhesive, Corrugate and Paper industries.
- Products and Applications strong knowledge; Mexican and American industries regulatory norms, cost management and financial projects evaluation.
- Building a Successful Team, Delegating Responsibility, Strategic Decision Making, Innovation, Adaptability; Negotiation and Aligning Performance for Success
- SAP, Office, Sales Force and Stage Gate.