Position Location: San Nicolas Offices
Business Unit: North America
Give support in the development of customer products, providing suggestions and supporting pilot tests. Attend and give solutions to complaints with Ingredion´s products. Provide technical support to customers regarding food quality and safety issues.
Reports To: Technical Service Manager
- Matches the level of resource to the opportunity and its business potential.
- Supports the development of technology strategy aligned with business strategy.
Agility and Innovation:
- Manages multiple complex projects.
- Resources projects based on their positions in the portfolio.
- Implements new methods and processes to speed the time to market for new technologies.
- Understands how the company´s technical capabilities create competitive advantage.
Relationships and People:
- Collaborates directly with customers to develop new solutions.
- Broadens network to include collaborators from academia, customers, trade organizations suppliers, etc.
- Develops platforms for sharing knowledge and new technologies across disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Chemical, foods engineer or similar.
- English Fluent
- Target market knowledge. Extensive knowledge in support in hydrocolloid and texturizing systems (Starches, Proteins, Fibers, etc.) to existing clients, as well as the development of new accounts, giving application suggestions and supporting pilot or industrial tests; as well as the development of the same systems.
- Knowledge in products and processes applied to the dairy industry and / or emulsions for beverages. Desirable knowledge in additional applications, such as: Fruit Preparations, Confectionery, Bakery and Sauces and Dressings.
- Knowledge in chemical studies and analysis (e.g. sensory and physical testing) applications, formulations, prototypes, substitutions.
- Customer´s products and processes, deal with customers and suppliers.
- Ingredion´s products. Food Products: starches, hydrocolloids, fructose, maltodextrins, glucoses)
- Experience within the Industry (at least 5 years).
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Fostering results focused innovation: offers new ideas and thinks out-of the box.
- Building Trusted Partnerships: leverages networks within and outside the organization.
- Negotiation: effective exploration of alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all stakeholders with support and acceptance.
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability: using appropriate interpersonal styles.