The principal role of this position is the analysis of processes and unit operations aimed at detecting opportunities for improvement in reducing the consumption of energy (gas, steam, electricity, water) in such processes and operations and capacity analysis and alternatives for the equipment as required. Also analyze production costs, seeking alternative reduction and coordinate the review and updating of product cost structures.
- Analyze the overall energy consumption in the processes of plant (Material balances and global energy)
- Determine the unit energy consumption per process, establish and monitor trends.
- Analyze the processes with higher energy consumption, to detect and make projects to reduction in unit energy consumption.
- Analyze production costs and their main inputs and propose alternatives to reduce consumption of those materials of higher impact.
- Analyze and determine the yields of the different processes in the wet mill aimed at improving overall plant yields .
Agility and Innovation
- Coordination and Evaluation of new materials
- Supports continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Identify growth and cost savings projects to contribute directly to the productivity and costs associated with manufacturing
- Chair area Manufacturing Improvement Meetings involving production management, maintenance, and engineering to identify opportunities for improvement in a specified plant area.
Relationships and People
- Promote staff a culture of continuous improvement that allows the application of good manufacturing practices to ensure quality, productivity and customer satisfaction within the framework defined by the system of Quality Management.
- Share with other plants the best practices
- Create an environment conductive to teamwork with other engineers and employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience in an operations role (process or projects desirable).
- Chemical Engineer or related degree.
- Quality and Safety Systems
- Design and Calculations of equipment
- Autocad, Office, Minitab.
- Statistical Quality Control Tools
- Material and Energy Balance
- Spanish and English 100% Fluent.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Drive for results|
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Safety Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Analytical and strategic
- Time Managment
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making