Key Account Manager
Position Location: Oficinas San Nicolas
Business Unit: North America
Optimizes relationships and leverages those relationships to maximize profitability at selected key accounts in Mexico. Develop the Sales Opportunity Pipeline, by performing duties such as making initial customer introductions, presentations and value propositions to national accounts, coordinating company resources (technical, marketing, regulatory, etc.) to advance customer projects, and negotiating and finalizing customer contracts for basic products and specialty ingredients. Strengthen the Commercial structure to provide better service to our customers and consolidation projects with them. Develop and manage new business opportunities while selling high value added ingredients to both current and new customers.
Reports To: Sales Manager
Key Deliverables Critical Deliverables
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of industry and the competitive environment to facilitate business development efforts and to keep Commercial staff informed of changes and developments in the market.
- Identify and contact appropriate customer targets in Mexico; monitor and direct the effective use of technical, marketing and other company resources throughout the customer sales cycle; close customer transactions in an efficient and professional manner.
- Contribute and support the strategic Business Plan and adjust tactical sales plans to developing market conditions.
- Support to all Sales Mangers and provide coverage and information as necessary to support business objectives. Maximize market position and profitability on both value added and core product lines.
- Introduce new ingredients and applications to customers.
- Work with technical, marketing and specialty sales personnel to develop business on specialty ingredients.
- Develops proactive plans to prevent competitive threats. Successful track record of developing and executing territory plans.
- Provides observations to Sales Management concerning performance and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors, trains and provides consistent and ongoing day-to-day performance feedback to sales professionals.
- Advise appropriate Ingredion departments (e.g. Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service, etc.) about customer problems. Facilitate resolution of customer problems with support of appropriate internal departments.
- Maintain effective relationships with GTM Team to ensure rapid flow of relevant information to meet business goals.
- At least 3 years working in sales and commercial areas.
- Knowledge of the food industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food, Biochemistry or related field.
- MBA Desirable
- Experience in negotiation with key customers.
- Products and applications of Ingredion’s portfolio.
- Quality and Food Safety Systems
- Spanish and English 100% Fluent.
Desired behavior, personal attributes:
- Customer Focus
- Drive for results
- Business Acumen
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Competitor Knowledge
- Problems Resolution.
- Customer Focus
Relocation Available: No