This position is responsible for delivering Human Resources support to the Guadalajara, Mexico Finance Shared Service Center. The role will be responsible for all aspects of HR including employee relations, training and development, , and recruitment of key talent, as well as working with other HR functional areas to support strategies for Human Resources and Finance Shared Services. This role will be supported by a Manager of Human Resources out of the Mexico HQ location also in Guadalajara, Mexico.
The Guadalajara-based Shared Service Center is a key element of our commitment to finance excellence and the delivery of high quality finance support to the LATAM (Mexico and South America) organization. We are in need of a dynamic Human Resources generalist who blends leadership, organizational savvy, and professional ambition. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of hands-on experience in shared-services environment paired with an engaging, strategic HR approach. Also, as your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the Mexico business and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.
· Ensuring the recruitment of high quality talent capable of supporting the short and long-term needs of the business.
· Provide routine HR support to managers
· Interpret and apply Human Resources policies, procedures and programs, ensuring consistent application .
· Communicate and administer benefits and compensation programs
· Administer disability and FMLA programs, with a focus on effective management with respect to cost, compliance and employee relations.
· Partner with payroll function to ensure the process functions smoothly and effectively and provide all data entry into HRIS for new hires and employment change
Agility and Innovation
· Deploy training, education and communication tools to support the implementation of new processes and technologies.
· Continuously seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of core human resources processes
· Implement group and individual development programs and plans to help employees continually improve their performance.
· Facilitate and maintain a new hire orientation program for the purpose of successful new hire socialization and transition into the organization, an introduction into the business, and familiarization with Company policies and procedures.
· Provide counseling and direction to management on any personnel issues. Give guidance to managers to support employee performance improvement. Ensure consistent application of performance improvement tools and compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
· Ensure effective use, and consistent application of performance evaluation for all employees.
· Maintain an effective community relations program that facilitates the achievement of business objectives and enhances the image of the Company in the local community.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Labor Studies, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management or a related field required. Master’s degree is preferred. HR certifications such as SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SHPR are a plus.
· At least 3 years of prior HR experience is required and previous work in a shared-service environment is preferred
· Career history demonstrating steady progression within HR and successful delivery of stretch projects/assignments as evidence of superior performance in previous roles.
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and demanding environment.
· Strong knowledge of employment law, benefits programs, as well as compensation practices and administration
· Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; Very bottom-line oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; Can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; Pushes tasks and decisions down; Empowers others; Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; Makes each individual feel his/her work is important; Is someone people like working for and with.
· Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; Builds appropriate rapport; Builds constructive and effective relationships; Uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
· Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; Understands the cultures of organizations.
· Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; Knowledgeable in current and possible trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
· Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; Keeps confidences; Admits mistakes.
· Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; Provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; Lets people know where they stand; Faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly; Is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
· Sizing Up People: Is a good judge of talent; After reasonable exposure, can articulate the strengths and limitations of people inside or outside the organization; Can accurately project what people are likely to do across a variety of situations.
· Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; Holds frequent development discussions; Is aware of each person's career goals; Constructs compelling development plans and executes them; Pushes people to accept developmental moves; Will take on those who need help and further development; Cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; Is a people builder